Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the shock pump gauge from one of these? If so, just turn counterclockwise? The gauge rests on a concave piece so not sure if that's how to remove it.

Also, does it take a standard NPT fitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,330 Posts
I'm not an expert here but looks like BSPP, whichever standard it's 3/8".
Finger Hand Wrist Nail Thumb

Just spin the bottom part off with the wrench fitting.
I like to use a nice gauge, really helps get consistent readings.
Tool Metalworking hand tool Stationery Hand tool Office supplies

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I don't think you can replace the gauge by just removing the 2 screws. You would need to remove the face, which is crimped on.

I've got the same pump and my gauge just went funky on me. Always showing 20psi now. Best bet would be to replace.

·
Banned
10,330 Posts
I just kept an eye on eBay for a cheap Dwyer gauge to come up and bought it. Other than that a single adapter fitting from HD and some dope. The 600psi pump makes for a great base to do this with.

I will say moving to a precise gauge made a bigger difference than expected. Trying to accurately/consistently get a good reading at 300psi(ish) with those cheap analog gauges...well you don't realize how far off one reading from the next is until you compare it to a digital gauge. What I learned is 5-10psi at 300psi(ish) makes a BIG difference in shock feel and performance. As you will see with the nice gauge very small amounts of air can swing 20 psi when you get up around 300 psi apposed to several pumps to gain 20 psi at lower pressures. This did not register at all the same way on an analog gauge

I now take a pic of the large digital read out on the dwyer when messing with shock psi. I'll make notes on the pic and compare to last reading in seconds on my phone. 3-4 times doing this and my rear shock is riding WAY better. I find I can end up with vertually the same sag +/- 25psi and within that 25psi is where the digital gauge pays off. Eventually I plan to use a quick disconnect on the gauge and move it between my floor pump and shock pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.