Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about replacing the fox/specialized triad rear shock on my stumpjumper. The measurements of my shock are 7.75 eye to eye and 1.75 travel.

I have looked at the websites for fox, manitou, and rock shox and have been unable to find anything with these exact measurements, but I have been able to find shocks that are 7.875 eye to eye with a 2.00 travel. Will this work?

I don't know much about this kind of stuff so I was wondering if 7.875x2.00 would work? Would it be better if I could get PUSH to shorten the travel to match the 1.75 shock that is currently on my bike.

Please enlighten me as I'm nopt very expereinced in this stuff.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Ethan Harris said:
I am thinking about replacing the fox/specialized triad rear shock on my stumpjumper. The measurements of my shock are 7.75 eye to eye and 1.75 travel.

I have looked at the websites for fox, manitou, and rock shox and have been unable to find anything with these exact measurements, but I have been able to find shocks that are 7.875 eye to eye with a 2.00 travel. Will this work?

I don't know much about this kind of stuff so I was wondering if 7.875x2.00 would work? Would it be better if I could get PUSH to shorten the travel to match the 1.75 shock that is currently on my bike.

Please enlighten me as I'm nopt very expereinced in this stuff.

That is a really unique size. Your best bet might be sending your triad to PUSH for a tuning service. It will be a lot cheaper than getting a new shock and getting it custom sized by push and performance will be probably the same.

_MK

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replacing rear shock

So, will a 7.875x2.00 fit and work on my stumpjumper. The current shock is 7.75x1.75

Is it possible to shorten the stroke of a shock from 2.00 to 1.75? Is PUSH the only people who can do this?

The eye to eye of the two shocks seem so close that it shouldn't be a big deal (if I could shorten the stroke down to 1.75). Is this thinking correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.