Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am preparing to replace my lever blade and was wondering if anyone out there has done this. i don't think i need to disassemble the lever body, right? it seems from looking at it that i can just back out the hex nut that holds it to the master cylinder and unscrew the blade from the push rod, is that it?

any tips on acheiving the "grab" distance you want? thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Eggman said:
i am preparing to replace my lever blade and was wondering if anyone out there has done this. i don't think i need to disassemble the lever body, right? it seems from looking at it that i can just back out the hex nut that holds it to the master cylinder and unscrew the blade from the push rod, is that it?

any tips on acheiving the "grab" distance you want? thanks!
You will need two 2mm Allen wrenches (hex key wrenches) one to keep the lever pivot pin from turning and one to unscrew the bolt. This is for 2003 and later models, on 2000-2002 models the lever pivot pin is pressed in. On you model you will not need to remove the lever body, you can just unscrew the lever pivot pin (T-bolt) and unthread the master cylinder push rod.
Erik,
Balle Racing
www.balleracing.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.