Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone provide the steps in replacing (not shortening) the hose on K24? I want to know specifically if you have to drain the fluid before even disconnecting the hose from the caliper and lever. Do you have to remove the banjo fitting on both caliper and lever? Which one should I remove first, on the caliper of on the lever?

There was a previous post but it did not specified the removal of old hose but just rather the way to shorten the hose. Thanks.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
mtberfrombothell said:
Can someone provide the steps in replacing (not shortening) the hose on K24? I want to know specifically if you have to drain the fluid before even disconnecting the hose from the caliper and lever. Do you have to remove the banjo fitting on both caliper and lever? Which one should I remove first, on the caliper of on the lever?

There was a previous post but it did not specified the removal of old hose but just rather the way to shorten the hose. Thanks.
No need to drain all the fluid first, and it doesn't matter which end you do first. Just undo both banjo bolts with an 8mm wrench and remove the hose.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
removing the banjo bolts in the caliper

Hi Larry,

When removing the banjo bolt from the caliper there's a torx screw on it. I assume this is the bleeding port for the caliper. During hose replacement, does this torx comes out also together with the banjo or I have to leave it there? I just want to know if the banjo bolt is the only one I need to remove from the caliper and this torx screw stays. I apologize for my ignorance as this is the first hydraulic brake I will work on. On the lever side there's only the banjo that needs to be removed so I'm ok with that. Thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just a thought . . . . . No need to apologize . . . .

mtberfrombothell said:
When removing the banjo bolt from the caliper there's a torx screw on it. I assume this is the bleeding port for the caliper. During hose replacement, does this torx comes out also together with the banjo or I have to leave it there? I just want to know if the banjo bolt is the only one I apologize for my ignorance
. . . But you have a serious need to get the work done correctly. Take the bike to your shop and watch them do the work. You might need a torque wrench. You need the little end cap to tap into the brake line each time that you unscrew the hose whether you replace the hose or not. The learning curve is stiff enough that you should watch someone do the job. You'll feel much safer on your ride. :thumbsup:

Having said that, the Formula/USA website has a instruction set for each brake.

CHEERS,

Kane

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got all the kits I need including the torque wrench. The only vague info for me is the part where I need to remove the banjo fitting from the caliper as there's a torx screw that sits on the banjo bolt. There's no specific information from the Formula web site if this torx bolt comes out together with the banjo bolt. I assume it has to come out also then I will just need to put it back after the bleeding. I don't have a problem going to the LBS and let them do it but I want to learn how to do these things so I can maintain it also. The process is not that hard I just want to know all the specifics before I do it. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.