Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just bought a lightly used Cinco. (Love it!!)

I'd like to replace the gouged up decals on my frame and the seatpost.

I'm assuming I can get them from Moots but, any tricks I should know before doing it?

Also, does anyone have any advice on polishing out scratches? I'm new to Ti.

Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
106 Posts
gns9w1 said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just bought a lightly used Cinco. (Love it!!)

I'd like to replace the gouged up decals on my frame and the seatpost.

I'm assuming I can get them from Moots but, any tricks I should know before doing it?

Thanks.

Greg
Peel them off (little heat will help, hair dryer or heat gun), use some rubbing alcohol to get the **** off (maybe some Goo-Gone if extra thick) and reapply. Although I have a Cinco myself, it is my first shot-peened Ti frame and I think "any" buff-ing would probably "polish" more than erase. On polished frames, so extra fine steel wool and a little Pledge does the trick, not sure the result of this process on a shot-peened frame would be desirable. Guess you could experiment on the bottom of the BB shell.

·
Registered
201 Posts
gns9w1 said:
I use a product called "Never Dull" on my Moots. You can buy it at automotive stores. It comes in a can, and I think they call it "wadding" or something like that. It's actually a wad of cotton-like material that has the product on it. It is for all metals and work great on Ti. I don't know if it will help with scratches, but it does a great job of cleaning it and making the finish look like new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.