Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking about swapping out my big chainring for a bashguard. I rarely if ever use the 44T ring and on more than one occasion I've dug the teeth in on a log or rock. I only do trail/XC riding on my MTB. Anything I should be aware of prior to doing this? Any pitfalls or issues? Here's what I was looking at buying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBG-BASHGUARD-BASH-GUARD_W0QQitemZ330004141298QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks in advance.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, XT (M752) has 4 bolts and a 104 diameter (as does the bashguard) so I'm guessing it will work. Thanks for the verification.

·
I walk up hills
186 Posts
Depending on the cranks you have, there may be a little more work.

On my RF prodigy DH crankset, the holes on outer chainring were the same size as the bolt eyelets and not the bolt shafts themselvs.

What this meant that if I just slapped the bash on the chainring would be loose, as it snuged up against the eyelet rather than the spider as the bash had holes the size of the bolt shaft. (The chain also rubbed on the bash in 8th).

I had to whip up some 1mm spacers to get it all snugged down properly.

Not an issue at all on my old Kona 3pc cranks though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.