Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m looking to replace my Fox Factory EVOL shock (TuneId DDJF), with a shock that matches the performance of a Fox 34 with the GRIP2 damper. I’m open to running a piggyback shock. I’d like to retain the ability to carry a water bottle within my Ripley V3 XL frame. I ride this bike mostly in the mountains of Colorado. A piggyback shock should improve the performance on the longer descents, and may offer improved performance on some of the ride to the ride trails. I don’t want to sacrifice climbing performance, especially for my long rides in the Colorado high country. I’m about 185-190 lbs ready to ride.

A tight fit with the water bottle is ok as I only access that on rest stops. The water bottle I use on my longer rides is the 8” Ibis bottle with the Arundel side load cage, for reference.

The shock length is 7.25" x 1.75"

I’m looking at the obvious option of a 2021 Fox DPX2 as well as some other options.

What are the best options for an XL Ripley V3 given the above constraints?

Thanks!
Robert

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have a rebuilt never remounted CC DB Inline in excellent condition for your Ripley. I'm willing to part with it for $250 plus shipping. If you are not familiar with the Can Creek shock it retails for around $495 new.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a rebuilt never remounted CC DB Inline in excellent condition for your Ripley. I'm willing to part with it for $250 plus shipping. If you are not familiar with the Can Creek shock it retails for around $495 new.
@RooHarris, Thank you for your offer. I will probably go the DPX2 route and use my original shock as the backup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts