Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well i was running through my gears earlier to test how long the up/down throws are. Then all of a sudden i heard a snap from with in my shifter (sram x-7) so i made sure it wasnt working (it sure wasnt) so i took it apart to try and repair any possible damage... obivously was unable to (as my sig says im a noob lol) so now i have to buy a new one, should i just buy a new single shifter to replace the broken one? or should i buy a front and rear one? considering the questionable relibality of this praticluar shifter (not the model but the shifter it self may possibly be defective due to how it happend to break) to sum it up im looking for 2 things, should i replace both shifters or just one? and if so what shifters should i look into?

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
you cant really get just one, they come in R and L.I would move up to the X9s. they are only about 13 more at pricepoint.com and better. I have swtiched to grip shifters. So, you have a choice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its about a year maybe year 1/2 old at MOST.

It wasnt actually the cable, that wouldnt have been a big issue, it was actualy the gear that holds on to the cable, basically the cable broke through the retaning device... its hooped. I desided to just get a new set, im going either x9 or x0, going x0 will take some convincing by the fine folks at my LBS though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.