Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea of where I can get replacement parts for a 1999 Manitou Spyder?

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Not from Manitou. I talked to them a few years ago about getting some replacement preload adjusters....mine had lost their knobs and were broken internally. They said they no longer had any parts for those forks.

You might ask over on the Vintage/Retro/Classic forum.

Within the last year I saw a guy on eBay selling a complete rebuild kit for that fork, still in the original bag....all internal parts including elastomers and adjusters. But he was asking a ridiculous price for it, so I didn't bid. I rarely ride that bike anyway, so I just pulled the adjusters, turned the preload up to max, and reassembled.

JZ

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought one used for my old clunker to run through the winter and I'm just looking to see if any parts are around. If there aren't any available it's not a big loss it only the fork cost me $26.00.

thanks

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
If its just the plain Spyder (not Spyder R) then all there is to it is the spring/elastomer stack. The fork wasn't much in 1999 so I would put too much effort into it.
OK thanks....

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen replacements elastomers for Manitou 1 to 4, anyone know where I can find some for the Spyder?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
bgfthntr said:
I've seen replacements elastomers for Manitou 1 to 4, anyone know where I can find some for the Spyder?
I actually have a bunch of MCU from my old Manitou forks if you want them. Send me a PM and I will send them your way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.