Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 140 Marz TST2 where the lockout stopped working and the travel is now limited to 4".....For the second time in the year and a half that I have owned it. I am done with it.

I am now looking for a replacement that has a 140 mm of quality travel, 15 mm axle, and is not to pricey (willing to go up to $400 and change ballpark) and relatively light (not over 5lbs).

The only options that I see sofar is Sektor coil. Is that a decent fork, how does it differ from the other RS forks that cost 700+? Does fox make anything that would be in that ballpark? Any other decent options?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
There is a thread on this forum about converting the TST2 cartridge into a highly adjustable shimmed damper. IIRC it's not possible on all TST2 forks for some reason, but's it's definitely worth a good look

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
I called Gideon about replacing the TST cart in a 55 Micro Air Ti w/ an EVO cart. He told me there isn't an upper stanchy plug yet, but they're working on it. It might be worth a call to see if they'll have a plug for the 44 to throw an EVO cart in that chassis...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The TST2 will likely be repaired under warranty and put on ebay. If it is going to get some sort of 'hydrolock' every few month....its not worth it. When working its fine, but it is not reliable.

Another question I have is do other Marzocchi's have reliability issues, or should I stick to RS or if I find an affordable one...Fox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.