Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was servicing my Fox Float fork recently and saw that the foam rings were a little dirty. Can they be cleaned, or are new ones for sale anywhere?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Clean them...

You can clean them. Just take them out, spray thoroughly with WD-40, wring the out in a clean rag, and repeat as necessary.

You shouldn't need new rings unless they are damaged. I accidentally cut mine when assembling one time. They weren't fully seated and ripped when I pushed the stachions past them. New rings are in the seal kit (~$15) but are probably available separately from Fox if you ask really nicely.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try that. Probably do the rebuild this weekend. Wanted to see what worked for others <i>before</i> opening up the fork.

·
Registered
462 Posts
ditch those foam seals!

I would recommend that you buy some aftermarket Enduro seals (google Enduro seals, you'll find'em). I had trouble with my fox seals leaking (two sets), i don't think they are that great. Enduro seals come with a set of wipers, and another set of seals that replace that foam ring. They cost like 23 bucks, but they are worth it. -t

·
Registered
167 Posts
Third recommendation for Enduro seals. My fork is so smooth now it's like pouring melted butter on a teflon-coated blowup doll.

Wait to tear your fork apart until you've got some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts