Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original fork on this bike is an RS Juxy XC with "long travel" 55mm travel if I remember correctly. I'm now going to get a new fork that will probably be transfered to a new frame.

I suppose a 80mm fork would be ok.. but I want something with 100mm travel (probably adjusted to max sag ?) to put on it. Would that make the angles all wrong ?

I will survive a little change towards better downhill stability..

Wondering about a Psylo or something else that can be adjusted from 80mm to 100mm travel if I can't fit a regular 100mm fork on the frame.

(converting from 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 using spacer, new headset and stem)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Intrepidity said:
The original fork on this bike is an RS Juxy XC with "long travel" 55mm travel if I remember correctly. I'm now going to get a new fork that will probably be transfered to a new frame.

I suppose a 80mm fork would be ok.. but I want something with 100mm travel (probably adjusted to max sag ?) to put on it. Would that make the angles all wrong ?

I will survive a little change towards better downhill stability..

Wondering about a Psylo or something else that can be adjusted from 80mm to 100mm travel if I can't fit a regular 100mm fork on the frame.

(converting from 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 using spacer, new headset and stem)

Getta 2004 RS JUDY SL with U-Turn just like the pyslo but only 149.99!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the geometry that concern me really.. If i can use a 100mm fork without completely changing the handling of the bike..

And I would like something a little more hardcore than the new judy :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts