Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cactus Cuddler
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride today, had myself a pretty proper crash, and got away with pretty minor injury considering - worst part for the bike was that I managed to snap the rear shifter's cover/clamp piece with my knee.

Is this a part I can replace by itself - the shifter itself is working correctly, I just broke the part that has the four torx screws covering the top part of the shifter that is also the integral clamp mount. Are there replacements for just this part? Should these be relatively affordable?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Should give SRAM a call. They have pretty good customer service. I called them often in regards to a Rock Shox Revelation that I had a few years back and they were very helpful. But going through all that maybe more trouble than its worth. You can purchase a new front shifter off Ebay for like $23.00 or one from Pinkbike, used, for $15

·
Cactus Cuddler
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good points - if that part is common across all the variants, I don't need the 10-speed flavor, just that thing that works.

I might as well start harassing them about the Elixir brakes too - this is the second time having better brakes would have gotten me out of a wreck, they're just so mediocre, and never feel properly bled.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Good points - if that part is common across all the variants, I don't need the 10-speed flavor, just that thing that works.

I might as well start harassing them about the Elixir brakes too - this is the second time having better brakes would have gotten me out of a wreck, they're just so mediocre, and never feel properly bled.
I've had bad experience with the Elixir 1s and have switched to Shimano and never looked back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts