Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new rear tire as my Fast Trak is looking pretty worn and I almost busted a rib this morning when the back slipped out.

My bike is used for both trails and commuting so I need something that will wear well on pavement and have enough grip for dusty hardpack and strong enough to handle loose rocky areas. Do these exist?

The Fast Trak has been ok maybe a bit slidy at times, hopeless in the wet but that is not an issue until November.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What about just replacing the Fast Trak with the Control version of the Fast Trak. My brother has them and they seem to last longer than my S-Works version Fast Trak tires. Either way I really like this tire for our Michigan trails.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just recently started running a Specialized Renegade for my rear tire. The tread is deceiving. I didn't think it would do well, but gave it a try and it grips surprisingly well! I like it better than my fast trak and I have really dusty trails as well.

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
Its all a compromise; if you want more traction, you loose the efficiency commuting on the road. You just need to pick..there is no silver bullet.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I like the Renegade Control 2.3 better as a rear tire compared to the Fast Trak Control 2.2. The Renegade is much more predictable whereas the Fast Trak would let go fast with no warning. Make no mistake though, the Renegade is not a mud tire. But it has plenty of traction on dry or tacky trails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts