Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've googled far and wide to find alternatives to replacing the 7.75x1.75" Brain or Fox Triad shocks on a 2007 Stympjumper FSR Pro.

This one:

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?arc=2007&spid=22219&menuItemId=0

I've read about the TNC Mod, but that seems to be on a different suspension design. Or would it work on the above frame also?

Alternately, I've read of people fitting a Fox RP23, even though it's not quite the right size. But again, I'm not sure if this was referring to my frame.

I currently have no shock at all, and bought the frame second hand so there are no warranty issues.

All advice most welcome!

Thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
I heard Push can modify Fox shocks to the correct eye to eye and stroke length. Also, IIRC, there was also a model of Canondale that used an RP23 in those dimensions. Some Specialized owners purchased those from Canondale.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed Push yesterday but am yet to hear back. They seem to know what they're doing, so hopefully they can help out.

The other thing I'd need would be the bits to mount it to the frame - any ideas what I'd need?

Apologies for all the general questions, but I'm upgrading from a 2002 hardtail, and things have moved on it seems...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realize this has been a couple of years, but Tubbsy - what did you end up getting / and how do you like it? I also have a 2007 Stumpy FSR Pro and am having problems with my Specialized AFR shock with Brain. How much did you spend on a new shock?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I’ve been running a 7.875x2 RP23 for a few years with no problems on a 07 Stumpjumper. I have a new Brain shock off an 07 Pro. If you are interested send me a PM. I was planning on listing it on ebay in June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts