Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon; it came with quick release front thru-axle, and a screw on rear thru-axle. the front shock is a RockShox SID 29 Brain built for specialized, its a 15mm thru axle but i don't know what length and kind to get.

I'd like to get a quick release thru-axle for the rear. I bought a DT-Swiss one but it stuck out when I screwed it in, it was to long.

Can anyone recommend the proper length to fit the rear or recommend a good one that fits?

I'd also like to grab a screw on bolt one for the front, I'd like to add a little more security while transporting. It would be handy to not have the quick release on the front wheel when I am transporting it in my truck bed.Does anyone know the proper size and length for the axle on the front shock?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Check out Amaincycling. They have original Specialized parts, including the thru-axles. You can look for the item or they can help you through the chat window.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.