Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Freeride Fornicator
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a post with some pics of keystone's new drop zone not too long ago, but thought I'd put up some more. They were taken last sunday.

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Looks sweet.

I'll be up there tomorrow (most likely) hitting up the DH part of the mountain. I'm a bit much of a wuss to hit those big drops, and I need to work on my racer boi skills anyways. ;)

So if anybody's up there tomorrow and sees a white M3 being ridden by a guy wearing a blue Mtbr jersey...that'll be me.

·
Freeride Fornicator
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The biggest drop is a 14' minimum, so I'd say you'd probably have to drop 17' to have a smooth transition and not face plant on the rocks below. I think I'll stick with the 7 footer for now.

·
Freeride Fornicator
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with ya on that Shiver. Keystone has definately put much more effort into the Hucker/North Shore scene. I hit Vail on thursday and while it was fun, stunts were practically non exsistent. Vail has some nice terrain but Keystone is definately the place to be, and its closer.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
DjMcStank said:
The biggest drop is a 14' minimum, so I'd say you'd probably have to drop 17' to have a smooth transition and not face plant on the rocks below.
Nah - I've hit "Jaws" (the 14'er) and I'd say it is closer to a mandatory 12' - and that's bridge to touchdown. Using MTBRs DH forum drop measuring standard :rolleyes: (from takeoff to ground) it's probably 10', but it'd be really ugly if you dropped the thing going slower than 15mph or so ccause you have to gap out about 10 feet or so. The drop is actually very easy, just scarier than sh1t cause you have to carry alot of speed into it and it looks like you're going to fall for 60' until you're close enough to see the tranny, which doesn't happen until about 7' from the end of the bridge. The transition itself is perfect, it feels like you're barely using any travel on the landing.

The other side of that is that you could pretty easily make it into a 25'er if you hit it going just a bit faster than necessary, since the tranny is like 55 degrees for the first 15' or so...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.