Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ultimate is good. I use the elite model though it is double the price you want to pay. Check ebay out. You can get a better stand for a cheaper price somewhere around what you are looking at spending. A stand is a very important part and handy don't skimp too much on price. You'll be happer in the long run.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Demonsmasher said:
Ultimate is good. I use the elite model though it is double the price you want to pay. Check ebay out. You can get a better stand for a cheaper price somewhere around what you are looking at spending. A stand is a very important part and handy don't skimp too much on price. You'll be happer in the long run.
Just a comment, I only "upgraded" to the Pro Elite because the deal was right. After 5, maybe 6 years with the BRS-70 Consumer, I had no complaints, and it was still in great shape when I sold it on eBay. The Pro Elite certainly has some nice bell 'n whistles to offer, but in no way do I feel the Consumer was inferior when it came to job #1: holding my bike.

I made some comparisons of the two stands in my review of the Pro Elite: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=202942

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
Well said everyone... To0 bad for me though, I already got my PrepStand Elite long before I knew such great repair stands from Ultimate ever existed! Now, if I could sell mine for a better price so that I could eventually get one. Argh!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Speedub.Nate said:
Just a comment, I only "upgraded" to the Pro Elite because the deal was right. After 5, maybe 6 years with the BRS-70 Consumer, I had no complaints, and it was still in great shape when I sold it on eBay. The Pro Elite certainly has some nice bell 'n whistles to offer, but in no way do I feel the Consumer was inferior when it came to job #1: holding my bike.

I made some comparisons of the two stands in my review of the Pro Elite: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=202942
I got the elite of of ebay. With free shipping it was only 40 bucks more than the cusomer. Both are good deals, and I love the elite head. but again both look good now back to the posters org question. You have only about 100 bucks? Fine. Like I said look on ebay first. 2nd. I did take a look at park pcs-9 stand at a shop yesterday. I think that was the model number. Anyways it was 99 bucks. I pulled on it all over and it seemed to be a sturdy stand. The only thing I did not like about it was the clamp. It had kinda a allan wrech type crank arm. To me this is to much work in putting a bike in a stand, BUT if that is not a conceren to you then take a look at that. It may be right in what you are wanting for the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.