Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retro on Steroids
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several videos of Repack on YouTube. This one was shot by Pat Reddix and Joe Breeze, and the last few seconds shows me going OTB at about 2 mph.

This was shot by a professional filmmaker, Rob K.

This one is from the most recent Appetite Seminar. The frst part is the descent of Pine Mountain, and at 2:01 the camera passes me repairing a flat. From 3:15 to 6:55 it's Repack.

·
Trip the Bike Fantastic
588 Posts
Thanks, CK. That first video is a real winner. Getting Joe's line and his lines - pretty good. I saw a map he did of Repack once with all the placenames marked. Would be nice to get a gander of that again and catch the ones I missed in the video. Most seem obvious, but what's the story behind Champagne knoll?

I saw that middle one once before, sometime before the turkey ride. Helped me recognize you after we finished Repack together. And I find the warble in the third video particularly cycledelic and/or epileptic.

Got some churchtime today with JohnnyB - open throttled over some great conditions. Up top it was clear out to St. Helena while the morning fog stuck to north sides and wooded valleys like cotton candy. At the bottom all manner of bipeds and quadrupeds, like a gaggle of staff-wielding hikers, MCOSD patrollers, loose dogs, and vacant toddlers idling in my line.

·
WWYD?
1,604 Posts
So how fast can you go down Repack these days?

Cycledelic has gotta be nearing GFs'. Dude can blast on his new Blur!

That was fun Tim!

How come no one wants to take that time on anymore?

<edit>

...and by the way Repack Rider, nice vids. The first one with Joe hauling-azz down Repack rider with him commenting is priceless! (not to mention the outakes!) How 'bout a hiterite on your bike?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.