Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. These I've been wanting to post for a long time. Growing up, I worked for a guy named Mike Moyer who was out in Marin Repackin' it up with the best of them. To say that being surrounded with posters, picture, stories and all was cool just doesn't quite cut it.

These are some of the many photos Mike has. Some of these were sent to Mr. Fisher a few years ago, and a few made it into Klunkers. The photos are largely taken by a Mr. Ruben Ortega Pena, who passed away several years ago. These are posted with permission from Mike. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are the last of this batch. Thanks to Mike, to whom I owe more than I can tell about where I am today. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell me about it. Was beyond cool for me to grow up adjusting ders with pictures like these all around.

Mike is the guy in the red pants on the yellow Schwinn with disc brakes, (brazed on himself from Schwinn Orange Crates or like models.)

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Ben, thanks to you and to Mike for sharing this treasure.

I was just talking to Gary Fisher last weekend and mentioned Mike to him, who he recalled. He said he worked at a shop called "Mike's Bikes" (Mike's boss was Mike as well) and Gary worked at Wheels Unlimited down the street. Anyway, that was cool to talk with Gary a bit about those days.

So interesting that Mike used a disc brake equipped rig back then. Oh the horrors! ;) :D

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Way cool! :cool: I read about the clunker bike phenomena down in SoCal and thought, here's one reason to live in the Bay area. thirty some years later, here I am typing on my computer in the SC mountains, with a Stumpjumper downstairs. Not everything has worked out, but this part is OK. :thumbsup:

·
illuminaughty
1,651 Posts
I'm pretty sure one of the splashy water shots was eastcoaststeve and the one of a guy walking his bike across was Rumpfy ;)

seriously though, great shots, thanx for sharing.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts