Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Northwestern NM in Mid-April with my wife and 9-year old, both of whom like to bike. A couple of questions-

- are there any places to rent bikes in or near Gallup?
- I'm pretty experienced, but my wife and daughter are newbies- any good beginner trails?

Thanks!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Puzman said:
I'm going to be in Northwestern NM in Mid-April with my wife and 9-year old, both of whom like to bike. A couple of questions-

- are there any places to rent bikes in or near Gallup?
- I'm pretty experienced, but my wife and daughter are newbies- any good beginner trails?

Thanks!
Plenty of trails for every discipline. Give a heads up and I'm sure there are local Gallupians that can loan a bike or two, but I'm not confident that any of the shops in town "rent" bikes. Might want to consider bringing your own too. There is a lot of riding in and around Gallup.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Our last bike shop closed down, so no shops in Gallup at the moment. The High Desert trail in Gallup would be cool to take a family ride on, just start at Gamerco and bypass the Mentmore section. Not sure if the Zuni's will be clear to ride, depending on our snowfall, but that would be another option, great network of trails out there, located about 10 miles west of Gallup.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
I wouldn't plan on riding in the Zuni Mountains in mid April, that's usually spring thaw season and the trails can be saturated with run off water. The High Desert Trail will be great at that time of year, normally, and has a variety of difficulty levels. Inquire again in April for an actual conditions update.

Be aware that there is a 12 hour endurance race on April 10 on Second and Third Mesas.

http://www.dawntilduskrace.net/

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.