Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
washed-up moto guy
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Figured I'd share the link to the 2014 race series calendar from the Reno Wheelmen. I believe there is new management in place and it looks like they are changing things up by adding more Super-D rounds and even some Enduro rounds. Hopefully the races are as fun and well ran as when Kevin put them on (If you are reading this Kevin, thanks!) Should be a lot of fun!

Link: http://marcpro-strava.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014-Race-Series-Flier-1.pdf

·
washed-up moto guy
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it, the Saturday races are the remnants of the Sierra Cup. The Sierra Cup was a USAC points paying series. Although it isn't around in the same form as it once was, they still have the races. I believe that the races are no longer USAC points paying races, but I could be wrong.

The courses are very fun and there is usually a great turnout at the races.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Jon is right about them losing their USAC points totals. Because of that the race attendence dropped pretty low last year (accept for the big races like the Flume Race and Fat Tire Festival). I was able to do one race last year (PineNut Cracker) before family went to hell in a hand basket. This year I will be back though and hoping to be better than the last.

Still very fun races, and the courses are well marked, thought-out and coordination/support is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.