Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I am looking for a recommendation for a local shop in Reno (or Truckee) that does good work. I am building up a new to me Yeti frame. I need to get a bottom bracket pressed, as well as a rear wheel re-dished (using some boost adaptors), I don't have the tools or skills to do those two things. Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I remember I believe that Great Basin Bicycles is the only Yeti Dealer in Reno area, could be wrong though. They are a decent shop but I could be wrong. Other one is High Sierra Cycling.
Yup, I think Great Basin is the only Yeti dealer, but to be honest, when I have been in there, the customer service has been pretty poor, thus looking for another shop. I'll check High Sierra for sure, thanks for the reply!

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Yup, I think Great Basin is the only Yeti dealer, but to be honest, when I have been in there, the customer service has been pretty poor, thus looking for another shop. I'll check High Sierra for sure, thanks for the reply!
Yup no worries... The few times I have been there it was lack luster but nothing bad. My brother exclusively uses High Sierra as they area Giant dealer (or were) and only rode Giants up until recently. When I have been there the guys have always been super helpful, knowledgeable and courteous but has been a bit since I took my stuff to them. No experience with Truckee shops, and only other shops I have dealt with in Reno are Sierra Cyclesmith (they were ok) and VeloReno (which when I asked about a mtn bike they looked at me like I was driving a Yugo and walked into a Porsche dealership for something).

Heard good things about BlackRock Cycles but have no experience with them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Black Rock is the only shop I’ve been to in Reno that felt like the guys actually ride mountain bikes. Everywhere else seems to be focused on roadies.

I’ve not had any work done in Truckee but have heard good things about Pacos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
The guys at Black Rock do ride mountain bikes, and they rip! Curtis (the owner) and Jason know they're stuff better than anyone in town by far, they will only sell you what they ride and like, and they ride everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.