Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be moving to Reno sometime this summer and would like to know what the biking is like during the winter? I understand that Reno and Lake Tahoe receive snow (I'm not into snow biking) but am curious if there are surrounding trails that are dry and bike-able during the winter.

I'd appreciate any help (-:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
A few places

There are a few places to ride like Hidden Valley and maybe the Pine Nuts but for the most part people hang it up and ski or snowboard, its just too cold to ride. Most of the trails in and around Reno are clay in nature so when its damp or wet you cant ide in it without gunking up your wheels, not to mention damage to the trails. You can go over the hill to Sacramento and ride around there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
gregnash said:
Iron Mountain is out past Dayton between Dayton and Silver Springs. Trails are still getting developed out there but supposed to be some good riding. Check out BikeCarson.com for more information on it.
Thanks, I heard of some trails out there from a guy in Dayton but I thought they were just motorcycle tracks. I'll check them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.