Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Drew_Dawg said:
Hey, i have heard rumours about rennie going to attempt a 130ft gap at the end of the year, does anyone know if this is true or not?
I'd believe it, the dude is a nutter!!! :)
In Australia for the Red Bull freight train tour he was doing tow-in jumps of 70 or maybe even 90 feet. And from a sketchy run up as well!! Mad skillz, HUGE balls!!!!
I did read somewhere that he wanted to go alot bigger too.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Trevor! said:
130FT. Jesus that is insane. Is that possible? What sort of run up would the guy need. I'd love to see that.
130 feet might be a bit OTT but with a tow-in from a motocrosser he cleared that 90 footer easily (or was it 70???? Have to find an article about it!)
I think he said at the time that he felt he could go much bigger, and with a better run up i guess he could. When he did that other jump the run up involved a high speed corner and gravel all while hanging onto a rope from the moto! Was meant to be an awesome sight, especially as he had to clear a little obstacle before he even hit the ramp.
I really have to find the mag where i read it, could have Freewheel or Australian Mountain Bike.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
mr plow said:
130 feet might be a bit OTT but with a tow-in from a motocrosser he cleared that 90 footer easily (or was it 70???? Have to find an article about it!)
I think he said at the time that he felt he could go much bigger, and with a better run up i guess he could. When he did that other jump the run up involved a high speed corner and gravel all while hanging onto a rope from the moto! Was meant to be an awesome sight, especially as he had to clear a little obstacle before he even hit the ramp.
I really have to find the mag where i read it, could have Freewheel or Australian Mountain Bike.
Well I cant wait to see it happen. Even if he's cleared 70ft without too much trouble, IO think 130ft enters some new class of riding. Its almost twice that of 70.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i would believe he would do it, the 70ft jump off the moto kicker looked easy when rennie did it, and he did mention he wants to do it again by doing the same process...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.