Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Gravity's Gone
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '07 Prophet had been through the wars since I got it - ridden hard and put away wet so to speak. Countless miles of Pennsylvania singletrack. If this thing could talk, oh the stories it would tell. At the end of the summer the mechanical problems were starting to add up. That, and the purchase of a freeride bike pretty much relegated it to a corner of the shed for a few months. I finally got around to taking it to the LBS and getting everything fixed and got it back a few days before Christmas. Wow! I had forgotten how much fun this bike is. It just rips. I honestly think that I will always own this bike. Even though it's no longer the only bike in my stable, I think it will always be my favorite.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Winter

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle fork Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

Nature Bicycle wheel Branch Natural environment Bicycle tire

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Wheel

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very Nice Rig Indeed nanker!....I've been tweaking my Rush all year while my Prophet has patiently waited hanging there. I looked at this thread and thought”you know I feel the same way about my Prophet". Any other bike would be broke in half by now if I rode it like my Prophet. I agree with you guys about the Prophet being the best in its class ever and still is. And rest assured no manufacturer today is going to weld up a frame as bullet proof as the Prophet has. I am going to take mine ice-skating today and run some frozen crusted single track, if I remember my camera I'll post a pic back.

Moe

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
yeah, i love my prophet5 as well, had it for 2 plus years now...after quickly ditching the lefty and putting a marzocchi z1 up front, i can do about 90% of the stuff at mammoth and fly by any dh riders on the peddly sections...cool to see a gang of prophet riders in the pic...looks like your running a 1.5 steerer fork, that is badass...but i can´t see how you ride without a chainguide...i got one of these sweet parts..http://www.blackspire.com/qs/product/83/5947/320894/0/0

had to order it from canada..such a nice clean setup now...can´t wait till park opens in june

·
Registered
861 Posts
I love mine! The bike can really do anything you ask of it...it's really a shame Cannondale doesn't make them anymore.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.