Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
removing the Propedal adjustment knob off the DHX ? :p

Ok seriously, I'm facing clearance issues with my DHX but for me it's the Propedal adjustment knob that's getting in the way... it's a long story but i've tried flipping the shock over/ under and nothing works. The shock almost clears except for the edge of the knurled Propedal adjustment knob that's just that bit wider than the black cylindrical portion of the shock reservoir beneath, so I believe removing just the knob would give me the clearance I need (see the word doc attached)

So far, I've noted that people have been removing the Bottom-out adjustment knob of the DHX due to clearance issues and that there aren't any adverse effects to that... I was thinking of doing the same but to the Propedal adjustment knob.

There's a small allen screw securing the Propedal adjustment knob and I was wondering if it's just a simple matter of unscrewing it and removing the knob (p.s. how did you guys take out the bottom-out adjustment knob?)
I just need to know if this would be advisable or would i be risking damaging a brand new shock and voiding the warranty or worse have the whole thing blow up in my face :rolleyes:

I guess I probably should be asking Fox about this (then again, maybe not) and this isn't really Turner related but you guys have been really knowledgeable and helpful so hope you could help out :)

Attachments

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
There are instructions in the DHX manual for removing the BO knob. There are two small allen screws in those holes around the base of the knob.

The PP knob should not pose any challenge, though I have not taken mine off. There are probably some wells in the shock body below it where you have small springs and ball bearings to create the detents (clicks) in the adjustment, so just watch out for small pieces when you lift the knob off. Adjuster knobs generally aren't "structural" in nature, so removing the knob *should* be no issue. Just hold it snug and loosen the little screw.

What bike is this on??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.