Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Removing Old Pedals

523 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  wmodavis
I'm not the brightest light bulb in the box and I will admit it but I cannot get my old pedals off for the life of me. Is there a given tool that works better than the others. The only way to get them off is via a wrench I am guessing as there is no hole for an allen wrench. Suggestions would be nice.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Pedal wrench

Probably need a 15mm open end wrench with a short length off pipe slipped on it for leverage.

The left pedal is left hand/reverse threaded. The right pedal is normal threading.

Be sure to grease the threads before you replace the pedals.
gmcttr said:
Pedal wrench

Probably need a 15mm open end wrench with a short length off pipe slipped on it for leverage.

The left pedal is left hand/reverse threaded. The right pedal is normal threading.

Be sure to grease the threads before you replace the pedals.
So "left hand reverse thread", I need to go counter-clockwise to loosen? Haha, I am not very mechanically inclined but once I see or learn it once I will never ask again.
I'm not the brightest light bulb in the box and I will admit it but I cannot get my old pedals off for the life of me.

So, do you have the new Hayes hydro disc brake pedals?...LOL!
TNC said:
I'm not the brightest light bulb in the box and I will admit it but I cannot get my old pedals off for the life of me.

So, do you have the new Hayes hydro disc brake pedals?...LOL!
Do your pedals have the turkey gobble too? ;)
I have no idea what your talking about....am I supposed to find a joke in there? I did realize that I posted this in the area dedicated to brakes but oh well.
On the left pedal with left hand thread you turn clockwise to loosen it.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.