Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new frame will be here tomorrow and I'm building it with my existing parts. My Noir 1.1 Crank is still in great shape but looks like crap because the letters are rubbed half off. Any good tricks on removing the rest of the lettering without damaging the carbon? A search turned up someone recommending sanding them off. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
679 Posts
are they stick on decals? if so, heat should do the trick. with carbon i would stay away from using an actual heat gun. use a blow dryer instead. an old credit card used as a putty knife while you warm the decal will do the trick. to get actual gooey crap off, i would stick with mineral spirits or rubbing alcohol....both of which are chemically safe for carbon.

·
Registered
679 Posts
hmmm that changes things a bit. im assuming acetone would do the trick. not sure how it would react with carbon. may want to google that

sanding may be your best option but i would stick with a fine sanding paper or pad, afterwards youll want to re-clear that part to protect the carbon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.