Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appoligies for what what might sound like dumb problem but i need some advice.

I have XT breaks, and I removed the front wheel put the bike in my car, lying on it's side and drove for about 5 hours. When I went to put the front wheel back on I found that the break pads had closed in and couldn't get them wide enough to fit the disk back between the gap of the pads.

:confused:

Before I go using hard metal objects to force these pads apart, is there any good advice ??

thanks
Donal

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
donal said:
Appoligies for what what might sound like dumb problem but i need some advice.

I have XT breaks, and I removed the front wheel put the bike in my car, lying on it's side and drove for about 5 hours. When I went to put the front wheel back on I found that the break pads had closed in and couldn't get them wide enough to fit the disk back between the gap of the pads.

:confused:

Before I go using hard metal objects to force these pads apart, is there any good advice ??

thanks
Donal
Stick a clean flat screw driver in there and slowly wedge the pads apart. If your worried about the pads, then removed them and use something like a plastic tire lever to push the pistons back.

If they were pushed too far out, they may require a bleed:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.