Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you remove your own shock? I have and have been told that unless i get the shock removed/replaced by my LBS then I 'may/might' void the warranty? In the manual for the bike it gives you an exploded diagram about parts and a step by step guide on how to remove the shock? As I have removed it for service the 'technically' have voided the warranty. what do you guys think.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Always Do My Own Maintenance

Never even worried about the warranty issue. As a matter of fact, how would you send it back for warranty work if you had to go to your LBS all of the time? From my experience, you do not fool around with the internals, but the removal should not be an issue.

It is almost like the "DO NOT REMOVE THE TAG FROM THIS MATTRESS" issue.:madman:

Your bike does not have a special suspension design, does it?

Chris

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No nothing more than previous designs I have had. It's a Enduro 06. The manual states air sleeve maintenence in bad conditions of minimum 8 hours, it would cost me $50 labour costs and travelling of $100....So I've done it myself.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
In this forum I'd think a majority of us wouldn't hesitate to remove our shocks...

This last week I had to remove my shock and replace my DU bushing and reducers on my shock (at Yuba's shop with the help of Asa as I hadn't replaced a DU bushing before and we we did it without a specific tool), then later I took mine off so I could try a borrowed one for a ride, took that off, put mine back, then took it off and put on a new one I bought (like the one I borrowed, a DHX 5.0 coil, to alternate with my Float R). .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.