Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
Wheelspeed said:
Speaking of old parts,

I sadly had to discard my seatpost-pump recently. It was a seatpost with a screw-on schrader valve fitting near the seat, and a handle that unfolded at the other end of the seatpost. So, you could remove your entire seat+seatpost and pump up your tire. It was o.e. on my '90 Cannondale. Pretty amusing nowadays.
odyssy aer-something or other. my friend andrew had one. was supposed to be lighter than an XT seatpost & mt-zefal pump.

I rode a flex-stem for a few years & really liked it aside from the weight (no flex issue for me, I must have been 8st at the time, hahaha :p

·
Patio Master
46 Posts
I remember

I remember buying one of those from Nashbar (I think) in around 1992. It was in the closeout section of their mailer and was very cheap. I put it on an old Trek that my sister-in-law is still riding. The thing still looks brand new.
My Dad's old Cannondale SE1000 had one too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought one of these 15-16yrs ago for my rock hopper, I remember I could use different compound rubbers from my skate board collection.
I also remember around that time really wanting a Pace mountain bike which had square tubing and hydraulic rim brakes, imagine, hydraulic brakes on an mtb!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
This Moto bar has been out for a couple of years now...I don't know, at moto speeds, I don't think I'd trust it, reminds me too much of my Old Flexstem!

I had a bad shoulder, chronic dislocations until surgery. Flexstem actually helped, untill I bought a Mag21. Now that I think about it, I actually had the original one, then "upgraded' to the aluminum model!!!!

I did try the sotfride stem, but it moved "downwards" about 10 times more then the Flexstem. Just felt like I was diving forward too much.

Attachments

·
mtbr member
16 Posts
I have a Titanium one piece bar/stem version on one of my old mountains bike, that I used on road, I also have a new Al one in a box somewhere.

I have an old late 80's raleigh frame to build up sometime, so it'll end up on that and save my wrists ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cooks cranks

I have a 95' Marin Team that still has the purple Cook's cranks. The original round ones. I turned it into a single-speed, and still beat around on it. Unfortunately the Rock Ring doesn't line up with the cranks. ;)

Yeah, okay, i'm screwin' with ya'. I had a long hiatus and "came back" last year. Looks like the "experts" were wrong about disc brake's. :rolleyes:

Funny though - i'd still KILL for red Cook's cranks. Mmmmm, The Billet Years ((tm) - thanks pinguwin!).[/QUOTE]

·
Sneaker man
3,664 Posts
you sure you posted in the right thread there... you just bumped a 5 year old thread to post nothing to do with what the thread was about... cook cranks are nothing like flex stems... well I don';t think anyway...

·
No known cure
5,724 Posts
Someone dumped a Otis Guy beam bike with a Softride stem at my friend's shop last week. The frame is too big for me so I only did a parking lot cruise. I may have to grab it for the OG straight blade fork.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.