Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ahh, yes... I remember how I had to be the first person in my neighborhood to have a set of Oakley B1B's on my old Hutch BMX bike. Those were the days....

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Memories. I had a set of those on a first generation GT BMX bike that had the small downtube. I later traded that frame for a newer Redline 500 frame!!!!!

·
Code Burr
1,377 Posts
KKT lightning pedals.
What were those damn tires everybody wanted back then? Comp 2 something...
DK Mini stem
CW Handlebar
skyway mag wheels
aluminum foil bar pads
A'me grips

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
and Shimano meant ...

the freewheel. OK, they did have the DX platform pedals and I believe the MX 1000 brakes which I had and were the cat's meow - you finally had a quick release brake mechanism to get a fat knobby tire out of the calipers.

Araya rims
ACS stem

worst part -fluted aluminum seat posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
thebronze said:
KKT lightning pedals.
What were those damn tires everybody wanted back then? Comp 2 something...
DK Mini stem
CW Handlebar
skyway mag wheels
aluminum foil bar pads
A'me grips

From memory it was the Tioga Comp 3 tyre that was lusted after. Until the Comp 4 came out with a kevlar bead and then that was what everyone wanted. CW handlebars were the best. I lusted after a pair for 2 years until finally finding a set and boy was I happy when I did. They were not common in Australia. I also remember lusting after these Mongoose Pro Class wheels with hole drilled in the rim and you had a coloured rim strip showing through the holes. They were just too cool for words. Or so I thought then.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Remember

Explosif98 said:
From memory it was the Tioga Comp 3 tyre that was lusted after. Until the Comp 4 came out with a kevlar bead and then that was what everyone wanted. CW handlebars were the best. I lusted after a pair for 2 years until finally finding a set and boy was I happy when I did. They were not common in Australia. I also remember lusting after these Mongoose Pro Class wheels with hole drilled in the rim and you had a coloured rim strip showing through the holes. They were just too cool for words. Or so I thought then.

Z-Rims....they were kinda cool, I had a pair on a Skyway..the oval tubing..yeah they were the days huh, after the Skyway i had my Haro FS bike odesy rotor..the good ol days

·
Registered
181 Posts
Cw Cz 1000

Anyone remember that frame? The down tube was essentially z-shaped, lightening-bolt-esque. Also GT fold-down fork pegs, Kashimax saddles, Oakley 3 grips...man, I could go on for hours.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Snake Belly Tires,
Uni Seats,
Dia Comp Brakes
1 and 3 piece Cranks

And finally, they were cool then and still are PhilWood Hubs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts