Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
middle ring single track
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well those fine folks just sent me an email reminding me to be sure to come to the:

Seaside City Council Meeting on Monterey Downs Project Update
"Please come out tonight to show your support for Monterey Downs, who are in front of the City Council presenting a project update. We need to fill the room. Please get the word out. The meeting is tonight at Seaside City Hall on Wednesday at 7:00pm.

Come learn where we are at in the process and show your support. The Project Update presentation will begin the meeting, so be there early.

Please get the word out. Tonight's meeting is at Seaside City Hall on Wednesday at 7:00pm. We hope to see you there tonight.
Seaside City Council Meeting
Tonight, Wednesday, March 20th, 7:00pm
Seaside City Hall, 440 Harcourt Ave, Seaside, CA 93955"

They didn't care to check that I'm on the "No way in hell should Monterey Downs ever be built list"; reasons for which have been vetted here on MTBR before.

Go here for a slick promotional:
Home | Monterey Downs

So yes, if you're a Seaside resident (or may be someday) and want to preserve FO bike access as it is please go to the meeting and let the Council know that Monterey Downs is a bad idea.

·
Just here for the scenery
354 Posts
Well this just appeared here Thursday, so maybe they DO know you're on the N.W.I.H. list. ;) I hope the Council got an earful regardless.

I enjoy sharing the trail with horses (and most of their riders), but I share your view that Monterey Downs would be Bad for Ft. Ord and Bad for the Monterey region. Those don't appear to be factors that weigh very heavily with the Seaside City Council, though.

·
middle ring single track
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this just appeared here Thursday, so maybe they DO know you're on the N.W.I.H. list. ;) I hope the Council got an earful regardless.

I enjoy sharing the trail with horses (and most of their riders), but I share your view that Monterey Downs would be Bad for Ft. Ord and Bad for the Monterey region. Those don't appear to be factors that weigh very heavily with the Seaside City Council, though.
I think that was a typo (but I didn't catch it) on their part, they sent it out again:

TONIGHT at 7pm - Seaside City Council Meeting on Monterey Downs Project Update
"Please come out tonight to show your support for Monterey Downs, who are in front of the City Council presenting a project update. We need to fill the room. Please get the word out. The meeting is tonight at Seaside City Hall at 7:00pm.

Come learn where we are at in the process and show your support. The Project Update presentation will begin the meeting at 7pm, so be there early.

Please get the word out. Tonight's meeting is at Seaside City Hall, on Thursday, at 7:00pm. We hope to see you there tonight.
Seaside City Council Meeting

Tonight, Thursday, March 20th, 7:00pm
Seaside City Hall, 440 Harcourt Ave, Seaside, CA 93955"

And BTW I happen to like horses myself (5 of the beasts in my family!); but the scale of what they're trying to do and how they're trying to spin this as "eco-tourism" really jerks my chain.

·
Registered
124 Posts
From what I understand the recent drama down there in Ord land has been:
If Monterey County transfers control of that land to Seaside, then the destruction and mafia-style gambling arena will come to pass almost certainly because Seaside only cares about $$. But if Mo. County keeps control, there could be all kinds of reasons to delay or disapprove the massive project. Right? Any news from the outcome of the recent meetings?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts