Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been dreaming/saving/waiting for a decent AM bike for a while - wanted something to give me that bit more confidence on the rough stuff and the jumps, but still all-day usable.

I had the Nomad and Enduro at top of the list, but I've come across what might be a too-good-to-turn-down deal on a Trek Remedy 2010.

The Remedy ticks a lot of boxes - and it's possibly a better all-day bike than the other two by virtue of the fact that it's lighter - my worry is that the step down in forks (36 to 32) will slightly rob me of the confidence and burliness that I wanted - especially at 220lb.

Anyone got time on the Remedy 2010 and/or the other two? Or put a 36 or Lyrik on the 2010 Remedy? Any clydes on a Remedy?

Also- the Remedy 8 has a 15mm QR front - if I went to a lyrik, is there a 20mm conversion kit for the Bontrager hubs?

·
I heart bikes!
204 Posts
The Remedy will be a better all day bike as opposed to the Nomad, can't speak for the Enduro. I owned a Nomad, rode a Remedy and it's better than the Nomad in every way. It really depends on what type of riding you want to do. If you like to pedal to get to your downhills the Remedy is the bike for you. Out of the box the Remedy 8 is around the 29 pound mark, to get that kind of weight on a Nomad you will have to spend at least 6 grand.

As far as the front end goes....have you ever rode a bike with a 15mm thru axle? Just as stiff as a 20mm my friend. The 32 will be just fine for you! If you would want to switch forks the Bontragers do not convert.

Coming from experience, owning a Nomad to spending some time on a Remedy (kills the nomad btw)....to owning a Fuel EX 9....my Fuel is better than the Nomad in every way....uphill, downhill, cornering blah blah blah (went with the fuel because of xc racing and climbing ability)...Get the Remedy, it will save you money and you will be happier....with the left over change you can save up for a downhill bike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts