Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1921 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Willing to separate the shock from the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m going to try and sell together for now...if I don’t get any interest in the next month, I’ll probably consider splitting. No real urgency to sell at the moment.

I also continue to consider building it back up with used parts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m going to try and sell together for now...if I don’t get any interest in the next month, I’ll probably consider splitting. No real urgency to sell at the moment.

I also continue to consider building it back up with used parts

Sounds good man not a problem!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, longtime lurker and first time poster here. I ride a size medium alloy release and I was able to fit a 170mm Oneup v1 dropper. My saddle height was raised 3mm (measured by rail placement) but to me this was unperceiveable on the trail. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Edit: Im 5'8" and weigh 185 with a 31" inseam

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,889
I just finished doing a raw, brushed aluminum finish on my release. Thought I’d put up a photo in case anyone is curious what it’d look like before doing it themselves. I personally really like it. No regrets

That looks really cool! How did you do it?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,892

·
Registered
37 Posts
No. But only the top tube and seat stay bearings are left on the frame once you remove the linkage and chain stay. I zip tied on the associated bushings to cover the bearings and it seemed to keep the stripper out fairly well. After, I just cleaned out the bearings and regreased anyway. I don’t think the stripper would hurt them too much. I was more concerned about not using any paint thinner around the bearings since this would probably degrease them if it seeped in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nope, haven’t done anything to it otherwise. It’s an alloy but mostly aluminum, so I figured it might oxidize but that won’t damage the integrity of the frame. Plus, as I was disassembling it, I realized the insides of the frame tubing isn’t painted or coated in any way so it must be safe to leave raw. I also had an enduro raw frame that did fine uncoated. Either way, I’ll take my chances. Been looking for an excuse to upgrade to carbon anyway. Ha

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think you are going to find sweat is going to be a problem. Been there, done that....the salt and acids in sweat will tear up your frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mullet Diamondback Release

Just did the mullet cut on my 2017 diamondback release. I went with a 29er 130mm Pike and the same raceface affectR wheel. This is my second mullet conversion with the first being on my 2018 giant reign sx. The front end feels longer and I don't feel so over the bars like when I had the 27.5" wheel up front. It really makes a difference on the bike for the better!
diamondback-mullet.jpg

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,900
Just did the mullet cut on my 2017 diamondback release. I went with a 29er 130mm Pike and the same raceface affectR wheel. This is my second mullet conversion with the first being on my 2018 giant reign sx. The front end feels longer and I don't feel so over the bars like when I had the 27.5" wheel up front. It really makes a difference on the bike for the better!
I've got the parts to basically accomplish the same thing. How does the seat tube angle feel?

ac

1881 - 1900 of 1921 Posts