Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the dumbest of wrecks on my local trail. It was a culmination of things... speed, tire pressure, acorns and dry cement like dirt. This is for the most part a pretty weak trail. It has a few areas that can get a little dicey but 95% of it is pretty flat midwest cross country trail. In my haste to get some speed to go over a small jump after the a burm and s curve, my rear lost traction and slid off trail and hit tree (very tight trail) which launched me.

My landing wasn't too bad. Landed on my right side and extended arm. Dirt rash cuts up my arm was the worst of it I thought. Got back up and rode another 10. Noticed during the final miles that my bottom of my hand was pretty sore.

A week later my shoulder that was repaired in 2016 (torn labrum) has been achy (slight pain at some angles). Which has me wondering if I reinjured it. Now, I had a very good surgeon do the work and he smoothed out the bone too. He said that it would be rare if I reinjured it. I am wondering if anyone else has done this?

I'm going back out on Monday so I will see how it holds up. I hope I didn't reinjure it because 90% recovery took 6 months but it took me a little over a year to get back to normal.

·
Registered
14,381 Posts
It seems to me all my friends who've stretched out their shoulder ligaments and connective tissue leaves that shoulder vulnerable for the rest of their life.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the dumbest of wrecks on my local trail. It was a culmination of things... speed, tire pressure, acorns and dry cement like dirt. This is for the most part a pretty weak trail. It has a few areas that can get a little dicey but 95% of it is pretty flat midwest cross country trail. In my haste to get some speed to go over a small jump after the a burm and s curve, my rear lost traction and slid off trail and hit tree (very tight trail) which launched me.

My landing wasn't too bad. Landed on my right side and extended arm. Dirt rash cuts up my arm was the worst of it I thought. Got back up and rode another 10. Noticed during the final miles that my bottom of my hand was pretty sore.

A week later my shoulder that was repaired in 2016 (torn labrum) has been achy (slight pain at some angles). Which has me wondering if I reinjured it. Now, I had a very good surgeon do the work and he smoothed out the bone too. He said that it would be rare if I reinjured it. I am wondering if anyone else has done this?

I'm going back out on Monday so I will see how it holds up. I hope I didn't reinjure it because 90% recovery took 6 months but it took me a little over a year to get back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.