Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine is great with it. I don't notice any bob in either my 36 or granny when seated.

It's great to have, it makes the X even more versatile. This thing can climb anything, climbs better than my old 4 inch xc bike.

The last time I was at home my granny ring help me stay on the back tire of spandex XC'ers on tiny bikes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I wouldn't do it personally. It pedals fine in granny if you're sitting, but bobs a good bit when you're standing. Of course this all depends on how you have the rear shock set up. I usually keep the boost valve at 110psi (DHX coil) with 30% sag in the rear (I've gone as low as 90 but I find 110 to be the best balance). When I was in Moab riding Sovereign (lots of standing step-ups) I had to boost pressure to 130psi to counter the bob (I tried 5psi intervals until I settled at 130).

With a Hammerschmidt I'd have to keep boost valve pressure higher then I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.