Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I realize there's been a few threads on this but I was hoping to get a more specific answer for my riding.

I'm 6'0 with a 33" inseam and about 150 lbs and I'm stuck with the choice between a medium and large Reign X. My riding will be about 70% all-mountain and 30% lighter freeride/north-shore style trails on the Reign, lots of climbing with very little shuttling and occasional trips to Mammoth for park riding.

I've tried out a large Reign X and it felt really stable when turning and taking steep sections at speed, but I'm afraid once I start jumping or doing a lot of tight corners it'll feel too stretched out. I've seen that some other 5'11/6'0 people ride mediums which is making me doubt my choice of a large right now, so I was hoping I could get some opinions.

·
CAPTIN HARDCORE
126 Posts
hmmm, I want to say the large will be good, You can shorten the stem if you need to....it will make the bike handle better anyways. I think my Med OE stem is 70mm(ish) so i think the large is the same so you could bump down to 50 or even 30.

I am 5'8 and and have a little over a 30 inseam and the med is a perfect fit for me, my riding style is all street, but there are some sigle track sessions in there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know if this helps but here it is anyway.

I'm 5' 6" on normal days, probably like 31" inseam. My riding style is exactly like yours and I ride a small. It's a bit small but a medium would have been a bit big. With that being said I would probably say a large since your six feet.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i vote med. Im 6'1" and ride DH alot, but i def. prefer the smaller sized frame. i would much rather have a smaller sized frame, than a larger. It is tough, it depends on the riding style.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm 6'3" and have a Large RX with a 180mm fork and 50mm stem for DH and Super D racing. For longer trail riding days I've put an 80mm stem on and dialed the fork down to about 160mm and it makes for a nice trail bike. It's got a long enough top tube that I feel really comfortable on it. But if they made an XL I probably would have bought that since I ride an XL Anthem.

I would say you're probably best to go with the large.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam and ride a medium w/50mm stem. The frame has a short TT compared to similar frames (22.9" which I like, most mediums now are at 23.5"). At 6' I'd definitely go with a large and a 50mm stem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.