Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
ISCG. I got it installed this week and I love it so far. One thing though, you will need a .5mm shim in between the plate and each icsg tab if you want to achieve maximum tension on the chain. If you don't, the lowest pivot bearing cap will keep from rotating the back plate past a certain point(which could also be just fine). I also tried 1mm shims but then there was friction between the 2x bolts and the those of the granny chainring. Let me know if you need more infos.

·
May contain nuts
2,445 Posts
As others have mentioned; the tabs are not clocked correctly. I had to extend the slots to allow the lower roller to work properly. Might be more of a headache with a proper top guide/lower roller CG to find a working compromise...

Take care with the screw lengths not to interfere with the link etc. The screws in my guide are three different lengths, not interchangeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ISCG. I got it installed this week and I love it so far. One thing though, you will need a .5mm shim in between the plate and each icsg tab if you want to achieve maximum tension on the chain. If you don't, the lowest pivot bearing cap will keep from rotating the back plate past a certain point(which could also be just fine). I also tried 1mm shims but then there was friction between the 2x bolts and the those of the granny chainring. Let me know if you need more infos.
Is there any way that you could post pictures of this? I'd like the best idea of what to expect as possible (after all, I want to ride hard asap!). Thanks for the advice.

So, ISCG.. and not ISCG 05? Got it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As others have mentioned; the tabs are not clocked correctly. I had to extend the slots to allow the lower roller to work properly. Might be more of a headache with a proper top guide/lower roller CG to find a working compromise...

Take care with the screw lengths not to interfere with the link etc. The screws in my guide are three different lengths, not interchangeable.
Thanks for your advice and pictures. That guide doesn't look like the same MRP application. I think the bike comes already comes with an MRP guide, but no guard. I guess it would be safe to assume that the mounting format is the same between products, though?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.