Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new :D I ahve just recently cotom built myself a 2007 giant reign. This one in fact.

I have set the shock to the correct sag about 12mm. But at this pressure i can bottom the shock out off about 2-3 foot drops. This can't be right? Anyone got any ideas why and what i can do? apart from juts pump it up harder which i have done but it feels wrong like that.

Dunk

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
well..that's what you should do.... it is a trade off between having a compliant rear and big-hit capability....

other shocks offer a bottom out adjustment...but it is not the case in the "Float family" shock you have there

do you bottom hard? or you just see that you used all travel?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh i looked at mojo cutom valved but that is expencive adn so is push. On todays i ride i pumped it up more and it didn't bottom out, i lost a bit of small bump sensitivity but it still felt good :D. Though there still was a cluck on big hits any idea?

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
MTB Dunk said:
Will do cheers for the advice. You got a pic or link to this bottom out bumper?

I only know from it around here... but check for example this post

jmtazzy said:
i ordered a rp 23 from push today. they actually ask you if you would like to increase the rear travel of the bike by putting on a longer stroke shock (25 dollars to price of shock). these people seem to know what they are doing in the industry so i went for it. also went for a bottom out bumper(20 dollars to price of shock) . all in all it will cost me around 550 bucks and will be a hell of an upgrade to my 05 reign. if i like the shock my fork will also go to them (07 talas) this bike just keeps gettin better and better!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeh ok thats cool. I guess thats a ring up thing as i can't see them anywhere on there website. Right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts