Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I' d like to relay to you a disturbing trend I have witnessed throughout the Front Range. There seems to be a pandemic spread of chartreuse (NEON YELLOW) jackets. You know the ones. They are forever on sale at REI, and seem to be the unofficial uniforms of the Courage Classic, Ride the Rockies and serious Denver Bikepathalites. Just 2 weeks ago I counted 144 of these gems as I drove over Cottonwood Pass. (Ride the Rockies) I'd say there were logarithmically more, but I didn't start counting until I about ran off the road due to Neon blindness. Or was it the cumulative, concentrated death ray from 2000 helmet mirrors? I may never know.

I ask all of you just say no to this unnatural fashion plague. Let our countries flag be your guide red, white, blue. Please prevent the spread of REI Armour, it may be worse than the pine beetle.

Thank you.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
MFKracing said:
I' d like to relay to you a disturbing trend I have witnessed throughout the Front Range. There seems to be a pandemic spread of chartreuse (NEON YELLOW) jackets. You know the ones. They are forever on sale at REI, and seem to be the unofficial uniforms of the Courage Classic, Ride the Rockies and serious Denver Bikepathalites. Just 2 weeks ago I counted 144 of these gems as I drove over Cottonwood Pass. (Ride the Rockies) I'd say there were logarithmically more, but I didn't start counting until I about ran off the road due to Neon blindness. Or was it the cumulative, concentrated death ray from 2000 helmet mirrors? I may never know.

I ask all of you just say no to this unnatural fashion plague. Let our countries flag be your guide red, white, blue. Please prevent the spread of REI Armour, it may be worse than the pine beetle.

Thank you.
Some here will undoubtedly flame you for this - but I applaud your noble campaign. Fight the good fight!

·
ride
5,275 Posts
MFKracing said:
Just 2 weeks ago I counted 144 of these gems as I drove over Cottonwood Pass. (Ride the Rockies)
I agree that the color is ugly, but at least you saw them. Hi Vis is the point. Kinda like saying, "Man, I drove a stretch of road with construction and all the highway workers were wearing neon orange. Man, how ugly is that orange." :thumbsup:

I used to work for PI and that color outsold any other color in any style if was offered in. They call it screamin' yellow.

·
hmmmmm
105 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
What about this neon green? Is that OK?

I really hope it is.

:D
Sigh...
Neon Green is the "New Pink" which was the "New Black" two years ago... so... it would actually be considered the "Old Black" which should definitly NOT be confused with "Old School Black" which is kind of a dingy grey (or Asphalt - not to be confused with actual asphalt, which is really uncomfortable to wear in the summer)

You got it?

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
AKA monkeyboy said:
Sigh...
Neon Green is the "New Pink" which was the "New Black" two years ago... so... it would actually be considered the "Old Black" which should definitly NOT be confused with "Old School Black" which is kind of a dingy grey (or Asphalt - not to be confused with actual asphalt, which is really uncomfortable to wear in the summer)

You got it?
Not really. That picture was taken in 2002.

Does that help?

:confused:

·
Jackass
249 Posts
ignazjr said:
I agree that the color is ugly, but at least you saw them. Hi Vis is the point. Kinda like saying, "Man, I drove a stretch of road with construction and all the highway workers were wearing neon orange. Man, how ugly is that orange." :thumbsup:

I used to work for PI and that color outsold any other color in any style if was offered in. They call it screamin' yellow.
This is what I was wearing the night I got hit on my Motorcycle, didn't do me any damn good.

Attachments

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
White

AKA monkeyboy said:
Sigh...

You got it?
Where does white fall in to the hierarchy? I thought it was the new pink?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great thread and nice to laugh at. Up in steamboat during 'ptarmigan' or some other season I would recommend this ridiculous outfit!

Those that have heard the shots in the woods know just what I am talking about.

1,328 Posts
minorsway said:
Great thread and nice to laugh at. Up in steamboat during 'ptarmigan' or some other season I would recommend this ridiculous outfit!

Those that have heard the shots in the woods know just what I am talking about.
I hear that... ...I used to live in Wyoming and had a white helmet until in the middle of one ride, a hunter flagged us over and told me he was watching us for a while trying to determine whether my helmet was part of a deer marking. You'd think it would be easy to figure out but the last thing I need is to be shot at mistakenly or not.

Needless to say I try to be as obvious as possible in the fall.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.