Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a buddy out for his first ride in six months yesterday in an attempt to get him in shape for an upcoming road trip. He's been living at high altitude, 9000ft, and playing hockey once in a while so it went much better than expected. The trails we rode were a steep up and down affair, with tight switchbacks all over.

We didn't take it easy on him, that just wouldn't be right.

Now we've only got one person to worry about. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
What a difference a day makes, huh?

Today sure turned dished out a reminder that mother nature is still a crackhead.

You should check out some of the stuff south over by St. Johns. There are some other trails back there similiar but not on the maps. We'll probabaly be up there again this weekend, but not totally sure.

M

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
Great pics as usual, Andy! Seems like we rode more hills last weekend, but my legs seemed more sore after this ride.

AndyN said:
We didn't take it easy on him, that just wouldn't be right.
As much as we tried to put the hurt on him, Jim was right there the whole way. I was quite impressed.

AndyN said:
Now we've only got one person to worry about. :)
All I can say is, bring some bungee cords, or a book to read while waiting! ;-)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Rehab....

is for Quitters.... :) When I was young, dumb and full of.....I used to wear a t-shirt that said, "Rehab is for Quitters".....I would always get funny looks from people at the gym trying to figure out what it meant.....Rehab IS for people that quit drugs, but if you are in rehab for an injury, does that make you a quitter??.......

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Nice looking trails. Looks a lot like the stuff around here..... in JULY! My 9000 ft trails are still buried in 3 ft of snow! So where do you find snow free trails at that elevation?

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
KRob said:
Nice looking trails. Looks a lot like the stuff around here..... in JULY! My 9000 ft trails are still buried in 3 ft of snow! So where do you find snow free trails at that elevation?
These trails are in the 6,000 to 7,000-foot range. Plenty dry, at least before yesterday's rain. But they'll be dry again in a day or two.

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Jim Beam said:
These trails are in the 6,000 to 7,000-foot range. Plenty dry, at least before yesterday's rain. But they'll be dry again in a day or two.
D'Oh. Misread. That would explain why the foliage and trees resemble my local then. I'm also at 6500'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.