Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

My small brain is having trouble remembering all our regular posters Helius FR's....

Can you post a picture of your bike, so we can refresh our minds....

Mine attached....

Couldnt resist posting this pic, coming home last night as the sun was setting...

Attachments

·
wyrd bið ful ãræd
1,725 Posts
hey hey hey what is this? ... this is down-right discrimination!!! :p
just because of extra gussets and stiffer rear ends and the ability to take a larger tyre ... true ... some have a slightly bigger head ... set ...

on another note ... please refresh my memory ... :thumbsup: ... always nice to see pics ...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chinaman - Throw down pro, post up your Helius FR no matter what vintage !

5c0tty - Your FR gives me goosebumps each time I see that picture, the white frame and white fork is stunning.......

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks Whafe

I'm just back from 3 days riding in North Wales in the UK..
Over 130km covered and what a blast ! North Wales in the UK Rocks. There where a couple of time where I though I was back in the Alps !
Photos to follow but no real good jump shots.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5c0tty said:
Thanks Whafe

I'm just back from 4 days riding in North Wales in the UK..
Over 130km covered and what a blast ! North Wales in the UK Rocks. There where a couple of time where I though I was back in the Alps !
Photos to follow but no real good jump shots.
Great to hear that you have had 4 days of riding, that would do me the world of good... Any photos are good photos.... Bring them on, start a thread of 130Km of trails covered....:thumbsup:

·
wyrd bið ful ãræd
1,725 Posts
Whafe said:
... chinaman - Throw down pro, post up your Helius FR no matter what vintage ...
:rolleyes: i only have a CC ... just waiting for more word on the AM before deciding (we'll leave this discussion to the other thread) ...

was at Afan Forest over the last weekend ... what a rush ...

but seeing all those FR pixs here is making me quite :yikes:

just nice to see pics of a great ride ...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry I'm Late

Guy's i a little slow but here it is again can't tell you how much i love this bike it get better every time.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah baby..... Them there some sexy sexy steads......

·
wyrd bið ful ãræd
1,725 Posts
The FR frame just looks so good ... this is making me thinking twice about my CC ... and i have been doing lots of thinking and drooling ;)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Do we have a FR in action thread?

Was at Woburn this weekend.. some big lines there these days....heres a vid
of us doing a gap.. no crashes but some sketchy front nose action

I was the guinea pig doing the first run but im #3 in this edit

The only crash we had during the day was one of the fellas pushing his bike back up one of the hills.. Lost his footing and fell 5 ft into a bramble bush.. effin hysterical!

One of those classic days where sessioning with friends is just so much fun!

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,118 Posts
A Question for Helius FR Owners . . .

Does the seat tube length ever bother you? It seems to be inordinately long (18.7" for a medium) on the Helius FR for its intended purpose. I think it might be hard to get behind the seat with that seat tube length. I really like the numbers on this frame with that exception. Chop a couple of inches off of the seat tube and I think it would be about perfect.

BTW, good looking bikes in this thread.

·
lazy piston
373 Posts
Pinch said:
Does the seat tube length ever bother you? It seems to be inordinately long (18.7" for a medium) on the Helius FR for its intended purpose. I think it might be hard to get behind the seat with that seat tube length. I really like the numbers on this frame with that exception. Chop a couple of inches off of the seat tube and I think it would be about perfect.
For a little extra cash Nicolai will do that for you. AFAIK shortening the seat tube (and removing the braces) costs much less than going full custom.

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
Updated XL FR

Just an update on the FR. Now with a 50mm thompson stem and new formula Oro 18 brakes, which coincidently have better braking performance out of the box than the Juicy 7 Carbons ever had. All that is needed now is my Ti spring.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts