Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Deciding to resurrect my Gemini, which has been lounging at the back of my garage for the last couple of years.
I bought it after I tested a Gemini 1000 (lefty equiped) but could only afford the 900 (Manitou Sherman's fitted). As I didn't turn in to the freeride/DH god I had hoped :eek: , I eventually got hold of and fitted a carbon lefty to take it back to the spec of the 1000 I originally wanted. The overall weight was still high (heavy finishing kit & DH wheels) & I eventually bought a Prophet which I loved even better - so it got put into storage.

So what to put on the front end of the Gemini? I still have the carbon lefty (and an Ali version) as I replaced the Prophets forks with some RS 140 Rev's but the lefty seals are shot and the damping never that good.
Now I could buy a 2011 pbr lefty damper and get it serviced or I could buy another set of new RS 140 Rev for it, for probably less money.

So my question... I want you honest opinion on what you'd do, not what you'd like to do but which would you choose, and why? :confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've personally seen a guy with a Lefty on a Gemini and asked him why he did it and he said it made a great AM this way. His freind had a Super V that he bought at a Toronto Pawn shop. This was 2 years ago in Dundas Valley!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.