Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with both units? I'm looking for something in the $150 +/- $25 range.

I have consistently read that the 305 has better tracking and accuracy than "new Garmins" but these claims are never compared against specific models. Is there an inherent difference in accuracy between these two particular models, or will I be fine with either one?

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, right, I just noticed the Garmin site said it was still "Coming soon." Ok. So with that out of the picture for now, is there anything else in my price range? Maybe one of the Forerunner series? I'm not finding much on those website in my financial realm..

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Search "forerunner" in this forum with advanced search, lots of posts. I have no experience with one. Try Google Shopping searches too. Good luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can’t provide a comparative review but I got the refurb Edge 305 from geekdeal fufilled by Amazon for $160. Came in excellent condition with cadence and heart monitor strap. It’s also backed by Garmin for (12months I think).

Pretty hard to beat that bundle for $160.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.