Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not the OP, obviously, but how does the Sqweeb pedal? Is it firm like a Norco, or a little more floaty like a Specialized/Transition? Is the curve progressive enough for a coil shock?

·
since 4/10/2009
34,575 Posts
Does he have the latest updated bike?
Yes, he's probably been riding it for less than a month.

Not the OP, obviously, but how does the Sqweeb pedal? Is it firm like a Norco, or a little more floaty like a Specialized/Transition? Is the curve progressive enough for a coil shock?
I can't say much, as I haven't ridden my buddy's bike. His would be too big for me. But he has it outfitted with Cane Creek coils front and rear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I rode a Giant for 17 years and was skeptical about the switch to REEB after being indoctrinated into thinking anything but Maestro would suck. After riding the Sqweeb i was super impressed. There's no pedal feedback whatsoever. The spring curve falls slightly at the beginning so it's nice and supple and ramps slightly at the end to resist bottoming. All the other REEB guys run coil springs but I typically run a DVO air shock. Where do you live? Maybe we can get you on a demo.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey OldHouseMan, I've been working with Reeb for the past six months and I'm really loving my bikes. What kind of questions did you have?
I rode a Giant for 17 years and was skeptical about the switch to REEB after being indoctrinated into thinking anything but Maestro would suck. After riding the Sqweeb i was super impressed. There's no pedal feedback whatsoever. The spring curve falls slightly at the beginning so it's nice and supple and ramps slightly at the end to resist bottoming. All the other REEB guys run coil springs but I typically run a DVO air shock. Where do you live? Maybe we can get you on a demo.
I don't really have any specific questions, was just trying to start a conversation. The bike looks really nice. At 5'9" I was thinking about a medium. Any reason to go with a small? Before stumbling on the Sqweeb, I was reluctantly planning to go with the Pivot Firebird 29, but was having a hard time buying into carbon and Superboost. I have an LBS north of me in Longview, Washington. Not sure if they stock anything.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Jeff, I've watched part of the last 2 live streams. I really like what I've seen so far on the Squeeb. Do you know if any shops in the Asheville area have an XL that I could demo after it's safe to go out again and Pisgah opens back up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
We went REALLY long, you can tell we're all in quarantine and looking for human interaction.
Spent most of quarantine watching videos about MTB as I can't get out much with the kids home 24/7. One a serious note thought, Ive a buddy with 2 reeb fatties ( Tydonk and Donkadonk) and the quality is superb. I'd love a Sqweeb, do you know what the delivery time is on the 130mm version currently? I've emailed them a week or so ago but haven't heard back yet, I reckon they're swamped.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Spent most of quarantine watching videos about MTB as I can't get out much with the kids home 24/7. One a serious note thought, Ive a buddy with 2 reeb fatties ( Tydonk and Donkadonk) and the quality is superb. I'd love a Sqweeb, do you know what the delivery time is on the 130mm version currently? I've emailed them a week or so ago but haven't heard back yet, I reckon they're swamped.
Send me an email. [email protected] we're starting a new batch this week. Wait time is about 6 weeks which is quick for custom! We'd love to get you on one!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.