Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there Norcal people. A buddy and I will be spending July 1-6 enjoying the beauty of the nothern California coast over the July 4th holiday. We will be getting into Cresent City sometime Saturday July 1 and will be checking out the Redwood National Forest. We then plan to travel south towards Arcata/Eureka and possibly as far south as Humbolt State Park (I understand that is where the drive-thru tree is). I've got to see the drive-thru tree!

Anyway, we will be bringing out mountain bikes and I am wondering if anyone can direct us to some cool bike shops, and/or if anyone has time to show us some of the local trails? Any help would be much appreciate as I have never been to the redwoods and I would love to ride some trails if at all possible while visiting.

Thanks in advance.

JC

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow......

It's hard to believe there is no one on this board that has information about Cali Coast trails, but hey, what can you do. Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone. We will find the trails ourselves.

:thumbsup:

JC

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Hey, just saw your thread. Most of the folks that post here are bay area or western front of the Sierras. I've seen a little stuff about riding up that way, but not much. I've heard if you ask around Arcata, the locals may tip you to something. And I know that there is riding on the BLM lands in the King Range backing the lost coast.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You

I appreciate the posts. I will check out some to these trails. Any bike shops you would suggest to help point me in the right direction with these leads?

Ride on.....

JC

·
Registered
439 Posts
hope you get this...

Little bald hills trail, crescent city.

Ossagon trail, orick

Coastal trail, near Klamath

Arcata community forest

Grasshopper Peak, weott

Other stuff that's under the radar, and lots more in the pipeline.

Hard to go wrong in weaverville or whiskeytown, too.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
if you have time to make it north to mendocino, I highly recomend it. It's a stunningly beautiful place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.