Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda off topic - but just an fyi that the 2007 timber harvest plan has been released and is available for review ...
here's a link to the plans for the SCM. if you enjoy riding through the redwoods in Demo, you may be interested to learn of the harvesting plans right alongside our trail from Buzzards Lagoon (checkout the map of proposed cut area in the first doc):
Initial 'Notice of Intent' (NOI)

Full list of plans

G

·
feets;

Where is the location? I looked at the map and wasn't really sure. Is Buzzad's Lagon the fireroad people take to get up to Ridge?

The reason I am asking is that I talked to a property owner who has 88 acres off of that fireroad and they were not mentioned in the list of people, but they may be upstream. The owner I talked to was Dennis Speer and he and his wife are going to be building an adventure park for disabled kids and others on his land. Kind of like wheel chair races on trails for disable kids.

I told him I would come in and help him with some of the trail building, and he was opened to that.

·
What would Pimpbot do?
364 Posts
John Finch said:
feets;

Where is the location? I looked at the map and wasn't really sure. Is Buzzad's Lagon the fireroad people take to get up to Ridge?
That planned timber cut area between Buzzard's and Eureka Canyon is about 3 miles south-east of the start of Ridge Trail. None of the popular ST (Ridge, Braille, Sawpit, Tractor, __, and __) in the Demo will be affected according the links that FeetsNoFail shared with us. :)

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
admittedly, that map is pure shyte - there must be a quad topo buried somewhere in the docs?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked up several neighboring property addresses (within 300 ft or 1000 ft downstream) in the first link and they are way beyond where we ride into Demo. See links:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...041613,-121.843529&spn=0.075361,0.194836&om=1

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...7.048327,-121.8437&spn=0.075354,0.194836&om=1

There is a timber harvest planned in the Demo (possibly this summer) that is on the other side of the river from Hihn's Mill Rd. The logging will not impact riders on the Saw Pit / Tractor side of the river unless the trucks need to go out Hihn's Mill to Highland. I believe the trucks exited Demo at Soda Springs Rd for the previous harvest.

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
timber

Is mostly taken out from the 'closed part' of Soquel Demo. The bottom of Hihns Mill road/Amaya Creek area. The logging trucks come out onto Soquel San Jose Rd, then down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.