Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '00 Fly Light 100 I would like to use with 29" tires.

I can replace the arch for clearance but I need to restrict the travel so I can not bottom the tire on the crown. I need to keep the axle to crown race distance and reduce the travel to 75-80mm.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Just add oil to the fork until you reduce the travel enough so that the crown doesn't hit the tire.

_MK

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
You can do what Manitou did to correct the tire bottom out issue on the Nixon. Stick a spacer between the bottom out bumper (if any) and the bottom of the legs. Basically you'll just be addind a very tall bottom out bumber. This only works if the fork legs are closed of at the bottom like Manitou.

·
the wrench
469 Posts
for marzo forks oil works the best. in my experience with several forks some mine and some of my friends forks adding more oil to reduce travel works quite well. seeing how this has been done on a few z1's and no seal problems yet. more oil will also make the fork more progressive.

the easiest way to do this is to take off the top caps compress the fork untill the tire almost comtacts the crown and pour in enough oil to come to the bottom of the top caps. make sure to cucle the fork a few times to fil any cartriges etc. then check levels again. it works like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.